The backlight module is one of the key components of the LCD panel
The function is to supply a sufficient light source with a uniform distribution of light so that it can display images properly.
Liquid Crystal Display Module
The liquid crystal display module is a component that assembles a liquid crystal display, a connector, an integrated circuit, a PCB circuit board, a backlight, a structural member, and the like. .
The backlight is a kind of light source located behind the liquid crystal display, and its illumination effect will directly affect the visual effect of the liquid crystal display module.
- According to structure: COB, COG, TAB, COF, SMT, etc.
- According to the display mode: TN, HTN, STN, CSTN, TFT, OLED, etc.
- According to the display content: pen segment, character dot matrix, graphic dot matrix
What is COB???
COB：Chip On Board
The chip-on-board package is one of the bare chip mounting technologies, and the semiconductor chip is mounted on the printed circuit board.
The electrical connection between the chip and the substrate is achieved by a wire stitching method and covered with a resin to ensure reliability.
COG: Chip On Glass
What is COG??
- Under a certain temperature and pressure, the IC Bump is directly aligned with the electrode on the glass substrate, and the ACF is used as the interface material of the bonding, so that the electrodes in the vertical direction of the two bonding objects are turned on.
- ACF: Anisotropic Conductive Film.
COG crimping (preloading & pressure)
TAB:Tape Automated Bonding
What is TAB
Under a certain temperature and pressure, the TCP IC is directly aligned with the electrode on the glass substrate, and the ACF is used as the interface material of the bonding, so that the electrodes in the vertical direction of the two bonding objects are turned on. TCP:Tape Carrier Package COF:Chip On Film
SMT:Surface Mount Technology
What is SMT?
Surface assembly technology.
Make the LCD driver IC into a chip package (SMD)
Driving LCD through SMT on PCB